If there's one thing I learned as a designer and editor styling houses for the holidays, including Kathie Lee Gifford's for HGTV, it's that beautiful, memorable holiday decor is available to everyone at every price. Take, for example, this season's trees and trimmings at Sears and Kmart. They may not be the first stores that come to mind for magazine-quality holiday decor, but with my stylist's secrets and insider tips, you just might be surprised! To start, here are some simple but sophisticated ways of adding charm to the entryway of your house. It's such a festive way of welcoming friends and family to your home all season long. To view the video at full size, simply click on the lower right hand corner, then click again to play.
Next, the fireplace mantel is the focal point of any room and the perfect opportunity to decorate the interior of your house. With a mix of real and faux greenery, luminous candles and affordable finds from Kmart, I took a simple mantel from good to better and finally, to great! Full screen is best, so click on the lower right hand corner, then click again to play.
No house is decorated for Christmas without at least one pretty tree. Faux versions certainly have their advantages and the ones at Kmart right now are more real than ever! The one I decorated in this video had a fantastic shape and fullness with LED lights that save energy throughout the season. Every ornament is from Kmart in a shimmery palette of pink, red and green. I even wrapped packages in the same color scheme for that rich, decorator look. By now, you know the drill: click on the lower right hand corner to expand, then click again to play.
And finally, the part you've been waiting for—the $250 giveaway, courtesy of our friends at Sears and Kmart! To enter, post one or more videos to Twitter, Facebook and/or your blog:
- Sears Entryway: http://www.youtube.com/sears#p/u/3/MpGbmvZMQWA
- Kmart Mantel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kmart?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/xUh3MNWiX4Y
- Kmart Tree: http://www.youtube.com/user/kmart?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/1/zQZe5vxsi40
A few things:
- Tweets should contain all three usernames: @eddieross, @kmartdealsnnews, and @searsdeals.
- Each post to Facebook, Twitter and/or your blog represents a single entry, so you can enter up to three times.
- Come back here and leave a comment with links, so we know you're in!
- The giveaway lasts until midnight on Wednesday, December 8th. The winner will be chosen by random on the 9th and announced on Friday the 10th.
Good luck, everyone, and happy holiday decorating!